The Principal Mechanical Engineer will be key part of the development team, responsible for the successful design and development of the next generation product. You will develop the electromechanical systems of the next generation robotic platform that will change the future of healthcare. You will be a strong technical resource, having responsibilities in wide range of product development lifecycle, such as ideation, design, analysis, design description, prototyping, verification, validation, and manufacturing transfer. You are proficient in mechanical engineering design principles of capital equipment as well as strong analytical skills. You have contributed and led the design of complex mechanical or electromechanical systems, preferably robotic systems, from initiation to launch. You must be highly proficient with current development tools, practices and processes and must be experienced in subsystem and system integration. Ideal candidates have led the designed and developed of complex robotic medical systems from initiation to manufacturing transfer using internal and external resources.
- Responsible for planning, design, development, prototyping, and testing of complex mechanical and/or electro-mechanical systems or sub-systems.
- Applies strong analytical and problem-solving methodologies including modeling and simulations (mathematical and numerical) aimed at guaranteed-by-design implementation.
- Lead the definition of design inputs, creating design descriptions and specifications, authoring testing protocols, conduct and/or oversee testing, and issue resolution.
- Lead best practice implementation in design methodologies, development processes and tools.
- Utilizes novel software tools to refine complex mechanical or electromechanical designs.
- Project management responsibilities which may include internal or external resources, developing and maintaining project schedules and budgets.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams such as Product Management, QA/RA, Manufacturing, and Service as well as other R&D functions for a collaborative and integrated system development.
- Oversee, coach, and lead other engineers as needed.
- MSc. degree in mechanical engineering required.
- 12+ yrs experience in the product development role, with at least seven years in medical device development, or other regulated industry, required.
- Experience in the design, development, and analyses of robotic systems highly desired.
- Exceptional machine design experience in precision moving parts and complex mechanisms and assemblies required.
- Strong analytical skills in mechanical domain (such as static, dynamic, kinematic, and vibration analysis) are desired.
- Proficiency with the latest mechanical and electrical SolidWorks, and the simulation tools are required.
- Proficiency in tools such as: FEA, Enventive (or other tolerance analysis tools), Minitab, MATLAB, Simulink/Simscape, and LabVIEW is required.
- Extensive knowledge of DFx (e.g., Design for manufacturing, Design for assembly, Design for reliability) is required.
- 5 years project management experience involving internal and external resources required.
- Experience integrating industrial design and human factors in design highly preferred.
- Ability to work independently, as well as strong team play is required.
- Strong communication skills required
- Ability to travel up to 10% is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, Click here.