The Position: Quality Control Inspection Supervisor
Department: Quality Assurance
Reports to: Director, Quality Assurance/Regulatory Affairs
Effective Date: January 8, 2016
Position Summary: Supervise and guide work efforts of Quality Department. Responsible for executing quality control/assurance inspection, testing and verification of finished products, work in-process, procured materials and components to assess and verify conformance to requirements and production process capabilities. Provide support to other departments including, but not limited to Production, Shipping, Service, and Purchasing.
- Execute, maintain, and improve procedures for effective quality control and planning.
- Supervision: Apply effective human resources and leadership practices including, but not limited to:
- Train, lead, and mentor personnel to perform effectively and efficiently
- Plan, delegate, and control work assignments
- Provide training and ensure company policies and procedures are followed;
- Provide timely and effective performance and feedback
- Control and monitor absenteeism, tardiness, and verify personnel time sheets
- Promote continuous improvement principles, activities and efforts
- Inspect and test vendor supplied materials, assess and verify conformance to specifications and assess and verify vendor capability (Mechanical and Electrical components).
- Inspect and test customer returns; coordinate repair and calibration activities; facilitate activities associated with returns and other RMA issues.
- Inspect and test in-process products to assess conformance to specifications and verify production process capability
- Inspect and test final products to assess conformance to specifications and to verify process capability
- Record results of all inspection and testing activities, display/report results in the appropriate format to support effective communication, analysis and decision making and records requirements
- Maintain quality records including Device History Files and other inspection and test records accurately and completely
- Assist Engineering with establishing, interpreting, maintaining and improving quality standards for product performance, reliability and appearance
- Operate various inspection and test equipment in executing quality control/assurance testing and inspection procedures
- Communicate QC results and trends to Production Staff and Management team in formal manner
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a quality control/quality assurance testing and inspection role required. ANSI and IPC 610 familiarity. ASQ Certification is a plus.
- Work consists of moderately complicated procedures and tasks that require independent judgments such as ability to set and reset task priorities, evaluate results, and coordinate tasks with others.
- Ability to operate personal computer using standard computer applications (word processing, spreadsheets, database applications) as well as statistical analysis applications.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications and other technical documents.
- Ability to effectively use measurement and test tools, devices, and equipment (dial indicators, micrometers, height gauges, surface plates, calipers, etc) to assess conformance to technical, physical, and performance requirements.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills, organizational skills and capability to pay attention to and work with details are required.
- Ability to solve a variety of problems in situations where only a limited amount of standardization exists, such as identifying root causes of product non-conformities and process variability, identifying process variability, and ineffective processes and procedures, methods and/or standards.
- Strong oral and written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to adapt to a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.