The Position: Principal Engineer, Mechanical Systems
Department: Research & Development
Reports to: Manager, Electro-Mechanical Engineering
Position Summary: The Principal Engineer, Mechanical Systems will be responsible for engineering analysis, reliability analysis, design analysis, and technical oversight of the development of mechanical systems and subsystems for Corindus’ new and existing medical device products. The Principal Engineer, Mechanical Systems must be a strong technical resource having a key role guiding the concept and development of mechanical subsystems. This position requires a strong working knowledge of mechanical engineering design principles. The individual must be highly proficient with current mechanical analysis tools, practices and processes. This position also has some project management responsibilities for interfacing with external resources.
- Technical lead and resource for ME activities in all phases of the product development lifecycle including specification, design, implementation, debug, verification, validation and manufacturing transfer.
- Highly skilled technical resource team contributor to the Electro-Mechanical Engineering Team and R&D Department.
- Ensures application of mechanical fundamentals. Applies strong analytical and problem solving methodologies including modeling and simulations.
- Implements best practices in design methodologies, development processes and tools.
- Creates design guidelines and specifications, defines testing protocols, monitors or executes testing, issues qualification test reports and complies with QSR requirements.
- Project Management responsibilities may include vendor and supplier management, directing design and test technician resources, developing and maintaining project schedules and budgets.
- Interfaces with Quality Assurance, Operations, Marketing, Vendors, Customers and Physicians.
- BS degree (MS preferred) in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 10+ yrs experience in the R&D/product development.
- Medical device industry or other regulated industry experience desired.
- Exceptional analytical skills along with proficiency in analytical tools such as MatLab, Simulink, COSMOS, Minitab and FEA tools.
- Must have experience designing precision moving parts and subassemblies.
- Experience designing motion control systems, specifically open and closed-loop designs.
- Experience integrating design inputs associated with Industrial Design and Human Factors.
- Experience interfacing with and managing external resources.
- Highly proficient in the use of CAD tools (SolidWorks preferred).
- Training / certification in six sigma highly desirable.
- Excellent communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated project management skill .
- Entrepreneurial approach in developing new business opportunities within the team.