Position Summary: The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be an important part of the team responsible for the successful design and development of mechanical systems and sub-systems for Corindus’ new and existing medical device products. The successful candidates must be a strong technical resource, having responsibilities such as conception, design, analysis, prototyping, documentation, verification, validation and manufacturing transfer of new products and enhancements to the existing products. This position requires a strong working knowledge of mechanical engineering design principles of capital equipment, and analytical skills, such as static, dynamic, and kinematic analysis.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer must be highly proficient with current development tools, practices and processes and must be experienced in subsystem integration. This position might also have some project management responsibilities for interfacing with internal and external resources.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer positions are a key role to product development. Primary responsibilities include:
- Contributes in ME activities in all phases of the product development lifecycle including requirement, specification, design, analysis, implementation, debug, verification, validation and manufacturing transfer.
- Applies analytical and problem solving methodologies including modeling and simulations (mathematical and numerical, such as FEM).
- Implements best practices in design methodologies, development processes and tools (e.g., Design control, and suitable documentation).
- Assists in defining requirements, creating specifications, authoring testing protocols, oversee testing, issue resolution.
- Project Management responsibilities may include vendor and supplier management, developing and maintaining project schedules and budgets.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering
- A minimum of 6 years of experience within the Mechanical Engineering discipline and machine / mechanical design.
- Proficiency with SolidWorks
- Experience with Capital Equipment Product Development (Medical Device preferred however Aerospace or DOD experience will be considered).
- Electro-Mechanical Conceptual design and prototyping experience as well as design control experience a must.
- Applied analytical skills (static, dynamic, kinematic, and vibration analysis) along with working knowledge in analytical tools such as: FEA, MatLab, Simulink, Enventive.
- Must have extensive machine design experience, preferably containing, precision moving parts and sub-assemblies.
- Excellent communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills
- MS degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in DOD, Aerospace, and Robotics will be considered.
- Project management skill
- Experience integrating Industrial Design and Human Factors.
- Experience managing external resources
- Six Sigma Black Belt highly desired (or similar statistical training)