Position Summary: The Principal Mechanical Engineer will be an important part of the team responsible for the successful design and development of mechanical systems and sub-systems for Corindus’ new and existing medical device products. The successful candidates must be a strong technical resource, having responsibilities such as conception, design, analysis, documentation, verification, validation and manufacturing transfer of new products and enhancements to the existing products. This position requires a strong working knowledge of mechanical engineering design principles of capital equipment, and analytical skills, such as static, dynamic, kinematic, and vibration analysis.
The Principal Mechanical Engineer must be highly proficient with current development tools, practices and processes and must be experienced in subsystem integration. This position might also have some project management responsibilities for interfacing with external resources. Strong communication and leadership skills are required.
The Principal Mechanical Engineer positions are a key role to product development. Primary responsibilities include:
- Contributes in ME activities in all phases of the product development lifecycle including requirement, specification, design, analysis, implementation, debug, verification, validation and manufacturing transfer.
- Applies analytical and problem solving methodologies including modeling and simulations (mathematical and numerical, such as FEM)
- Implements best practices in design methodologies, development processes and tools
- Assists in defining requirements, creating specifications, authoring testing protocols, oversee testing, issue resolution
- Project Management responsibilities may include vendor and supplier management, developing and maintaining project schedules and budgets
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering is required, a MS degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred
- 8+ years of experience as a Lead/Sr Mechanical Engineer in Medical Device, Aerospace or DOD is preferred
- Proficiency with SolidWorks
- Experience in the product development role (medical device, aerospace or DOD preferred).
- Applied analytical skills (static, dynamic, kinematic, and vibration analysis) along with working knowledge in analytical tools such as: FEA, MatLab, Simulink, Enventive
- Must have extensive machine design experience, preferably containing, precision moving parts and sub-assemblies
- Material science experience
- Experience integrating Industrial Design and Human Factors.
- Experience managing external resources
- Six Sigma Black Belt highly desired (or similar statistical training)
- Excellent communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Project management skill
- Entrepreneurial approach in developing new business opportunities within the team